Dear Governor Schwarzenegger –
Well, it took less time than I thought it would for Miss California to demonstrate why Opponents of Equality are ethically bankrupt. Since the pageant where Carrie Prejean announced her beliefs and renounced her crown, it was revealed that:
- Her breast implants were paid for by the pageant committee.
- Nude pictures she posed for are available on the Internet.
- She stated on her pageant application that there were no nude pictures.
- She tried to suppress the nude pictures by saying she was 17 at the time.
- She was wearing panties that Victoria Secret said were not available until she was 18.
- She has stopped attending to her Pageant responsibilities and is referring Pageant inquiries to her managers.
- The National Organization for Marriage (NOM) is being sued for using Pageant footage of Miss Prejean in their ads without permission.
About the nude pictures, Miss Prejean says “I am a Christian, and I am a model. … Recently photos taken of me as a teenager have been released. … But these attacks on me and others who speak in defense of traditional marriage are intolerant and offensive.” Wow, she really doesn’t understand Karma, does she?
I wish you keep this lesson in mind the next time the Opponents of Equality approach you to have you veto a human rights bill. Opponents of Equality, like all Americans, are free to believe what they want, however they are not free to do things that hurt other people.