Dear Governor Schwarzenegger –
I just heard that former Republican Senator Ted Stevens died today in a plane crash. I hope you get a moment to remember the achievements of this long-time politician.
- He had a zero rating with the Human Rights Campaign.
- He voted against adding sexual orientation to the definition of “hate crime” in 2001.
- He opposed the Employment Non-discrimination Act (ENDA).
- He voted in favor of the hateful “Federal Marriage Act” in both 2004 and 2006.
- He opposed the Mathew Sheppard act.
- He had a 14% rating on supporting minorities through affirmative action.
It seems that the Big Tent party got a little smaller today.